Search

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng


Rating: DNF

Summary on Goodreads.

"In Shaker Heights, a placid, progressive suburb of Cleveland, everything is planned -- from the layout of the winding roads, to the colors of the houses, to the successful lives its residents will go on to lead. And no one embodies this spirit more than Elena Richardson, whose guiding principle is playing by the rules.

Enter Mia Warren -- an enigmatic artist and single mother..." [+ more]

This book is definitively a 5-stars book. It is so well written that I feel highly ashamed for not even finishing it.

I give it 1-star because I personally could not put up with its slow progression and quite development. The book, however, reminded me of Big Little Lies which I loved. I think that sometimes your mood affects your reading and that is what happened with Little Fires Everywhere and I.

The story revolves around this rich family fascinated with Mia and her daughter who are poor and moved around the neighborhood. It also takes on an adoption battle: a couple adopts a Chinese baby but now the biological mother wants her back. Interesting, indeed.

Seriously, the writing is spot on. It is just that at the moment I prefer something more engaging and fast paced.