Search

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus


Rating: 4-Stars

Summary on Goodreads.

"Pay close attention and you might solve this.

On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.

Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon's dead. And..." [+ more]

This was a pretty good thriller/mystery. I never figured out who the killer was because unlike other thrillers where the killer turns out to be someone out of nowhere, the killer here was always present (in a way).

I enjoyed this book very much. I loved all four characters and the way the book as written: four point of views for each character to narrate their part of the story.

I will never understand or agree with the stupidity that you leave somebody you like because "I'm going to screw this up so I better leave you now." I mean, if I like somebody I don't care about stupid things like 'we are different,' 'I am a screw up and you are not.' But that's just me.

Also, for the end, I felt that the story was finishing too HEA (happily ever after), but this is fiction so, why not?

I like how the character grew and changed and I definitely loved the writing.