Search

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

All is not forgotten by Wendy Walker


Rating: 5-Stars

Summary on Goodreads.

"Until one night when young Jenny Kramer is attacked at a local party. In the hours immediately after, she is given a controversial drug to medically erase her memory of the violent assault. But, in the weeks and months that follow, as she heals from her physical wounds, and with no factua..." [+ more]


Damn! This book was so good. If you have problems with rape, descriptive language, or you are extremely moralist don't read it.

There is a reviewer who called this book repulsive. My question is, why did you keep reading it?

Moving on, I loved everything about this book, especially the narrator. The format this book is written... I think I hadn't seen it before.

For a moment there, I hated the narrator just because I believe in justice, fairness, and ethics. But what the hell, this is a work of fiction.

I just loved the psychological tangles of this plot. I thought the author must be a psychiatrist or something like that; but no, she is (or was) an attorney.

I must say this is a well thought plot. I hope she keeps writing and I wouldn't mind reading another book with the same narrator.

I simply abhor plots that are about memory loss that have the character to remember everything at the end. When I started reading this book I thought it was going to be like that. I am glad I didn't stop reading it because I was able to enjoy an amazing book.