Search

Monday, June 19, 2017

Final Girls by Riley Sager


Rating: 3-Stars

Available on July 11, 2017

Summary on Goodreads.


"Ten years ago, college student Quincy Carpenter went on vacation with five friends and came back alone, the only survivor of a horror movie–scale massacre. In an instant, she became a member of a club no one wants to belong to—a group of similar survivors known in the press as the Final Girls. Lisa, who lost nine sorority sisters to a college dropout's knife; Sam, who went..." [more]


I liked the plot and how and who the killer turned out to be, but I didn't like anything else. I didn't like the characters, the dialogue, the writing... nothing at all.

I forced myself to keep reading because of the good reviews, I wanted to see what the big end was about. That said, once I knew who the killer was, many obvious questions came to me. Do not keep reading because what follows are spoilers.

***Spoiler. Spoiler. Spoiler***

So Coop was the real killer but the police never noticed that he had too much blood on him when he found Quincy. Yes, he held her in his arms, but that wouldn't count for the amount of blood described on him. On the same note, if the alleged killer didn't actually killed anybody, then he didn't have any blood on him. Didn't the police notice that either? Hmmm...