Search

Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron


Summary on Goodreads.

"Nadia lives in the city of Canaan, where life is safe and structured, hemmed in by white stone walls and no memory of what came before. But every twelve years the city descends into the bloody chaos of the Forgetting, a day of no remorse, when each person's memories – of parents, children, love, life, and self – are lost. Unless they have been written.

In Canaan, your book is your truth and your identity, and Nadia knows exactly who hasn't written the truth. Because Nadia is the only person in Canaan who has never forgotten..." [+ more]


Oh! How I enjoyed this book. Some bloggers has said that the story is slow but I didn't find it so. For me, the pace was perfect for the story.

What I liked most was the unnecessary love triangle so popular in YAs. For a moment there, I thought that the author was going to go that way; but then she didn't and I was relieved. I think that the author did an incredible good job with this story. Everything was weaved perfectly and I didn't find any loop holes or lose ends.

I liked Nadia (the main character) a lot. Actually, I liked everybody. When something happened to make Nadia and Gray brake up, the author didn't drag it and didn't wait until the end to bring them together again.

The story is a nice dystopia and what was causing people to forget turned out to be something that I considered (at one point) but wasn't truly expecting.

The writing was exquisite. Darn it, I just loved the book, okay?