Search

Friday, September 30, 2016

The Devil's Work by Mark Edwards


Summary on Goodreads.

"It was the job she had dreamed of since childhood. But on her very first day, when an unnerving encounter drags up memories Sophie Greenwood would rather forget, she wonders if she has made a mistake. A fatal mistake.

What is her ambitious young assistant really up to? And what exactly happened to Sophie’s predecessor? When her husband and daughter are pulled into the nightmare, Sophie is forced to confront the darkest secrets she has carried for years.

As her life begins to fall apart at work and at home, Sophie must race to uncover the truth about her new job…before it kills her."


Okay, at certain points I was really mad at Sophie and was thinking "is she stupid? Because it is obvious what is going on!" But then what I though was going on wasn't going on at all.

I liked the writing and was engaged in the story. The end, however, was a disappointment. Is not that I had wished it a different way, it is more like since I didn't see it coming I thought the events were out of the blue.

Overall, it was a good read and kept me glued to the story if just to find out how much of an idiot Sophie really was (which she wasn't).

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this title.