Search

Monday, September 12, 2016

IQ by Joe Ide


Summary on Goodreads.


"They call him IQ. He's a loner and a high school dropout, his unassuming nature disguising a relentless determination and a fierce intelligence. He charges his clients whatever they can afford, which might be a set of tires or a homemade casserole. To get by, he's forced to take on clients that can pay.
This time, it's a rap mogul whose life is in danger. As Isaiah investigates, he encounters a vengeful ex-wife, a crew of notorious cutthroats, a monstrous attack dog, and a hit man who even other hit men say is a lunatic. The deeper Isaiah digs, the more far reaching and dangerous the case becomes."

I liked the beginning but I was bored by the snippets of the past. Sometimes this back and forth in time works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I wasn't interested in IQ's past or why he became to be who he was in the present.

The story is full action, like one of those Bruce Willis movies. I can picture him playing this character :-)

This is a book would be a good fit for male reader... Despite being fast paced, it wasn't for me.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this title.