Search

Monday, June 13, 2016

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Summary on Goodreads.


I am so glad to read this after the whole series is out. I can't wait to start the next book. I loved it! I guess this book is just like Twilight: half of the world hates it and the other half loves it.

I am part of the second half. I never thought of reading this because I read a lot (a lot!) of bad reviews; but then I decided to see what the series is about since the movie came out.

I liked Cassie a lot! She is one of my favorite female characters of all time because she keeps it real and asks questions that I'm thinking about while reading the book, like "where did you get the IV from?" And she worries about clean underwear, deodorant, and tampons. Any ways, the author keeps it real. You know, I had never read any other dystopia book that brought up the issue of hygiene. It's like... women don't get their periods when the world is ending?!

Oh! That first kiss totally got to me (pg. 178). Evan got to me... And later on Ben got to me. I'm totally digging the love triangle here.

I find the romance to be complete normal and plausible. I read a review that said the romance is awkward but I didn't see it that way. Two people alone for a long time.... and they are both cute/pretty/handsome... well! I would fall in love with Channing Tatum too!

Page 300: Oh! Now I just happen to love Zombie too. Yes, Zombie is a name.

In short, I'm just in love with this damn book!