Search

Saturday, May 28, 2016

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda


Summary on Goodreads.

Available on 6/28/2016

Buy on Amazon.

"It’s been ten years since Nicolette Farrell left her rural hometown after her best friend, Corinne, disappeared from Cooley Ridge without a trace. Back again to tie up loose ends and care for her ailing father, Nic is soon plunged into a shocking drama that reawakens Corinne’s case and breaks open old wounds long since stitched..." [+ more]

I have read two other books by Miranda and I know she likes to tell her stories in a dragging way. This one was not different. I picked it because of all the good reviews it has, but for me was so boring! There's nothing new here other that the book is marketed as in "the story is told backwards," which wasn't completely new either. I think the author wanted to do it kind of like that Memento movie but it didn't turn out that way (at least not for me).

I was bored out of my head because there is a lot of telling. The writing is good, yes, Miranda has that, but she goes on and on and I just wanted something to happen. Anything, really.

We have our typical girl leaves town for better life, goes back to face past, hooks up with ex, and blah blah blah. Perhaps told in a straight way the story would've been more effective? Doesn't matter, books are a matter of "love them or hate them." And I hated this one. Well, hate in terms that I don't think I will ever try to read another book by Megan Miranda. Darn it! And I liked Fracture so much.

And the missing girl? The typical "maybe she left town because she was 18..." But then new evidence suggests otherwise. Hmmm..., best friends, wouldn't you know if you best friend left town? Oh! right, you guys all had a reason not to tell everything you knew... Same old.

I got this ARC from my library.