Search

Friday, January 15, 2016

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo


Summary on Goodreads.

"Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone..." [more +]

Definitely not for me. I completely missed the point of this one. It started so good, though. I was all wrapped in Joost and Anya when Kaz came along. For me, Kaz was... an arrogant character that just killed my interest in the book.

After the first chapter with Joost, we are quickly introduced to Kaz and all other bandits-good guys. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep up with who was who or why of what. So I DNF the book because the prospect of Kaz making $30 million kruge in exchange for retrieving... something or someone from this super secure place didn't appeal to me. I rather watch Ben Stiller and his crew rob a high-rise residence in Tower Heist (2011).