Search

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter


Summary on Goodreads.

"More than twenty years ago, Claire and Lydia's teenaged sister Julia vanished without a trace. The two women have not spoken since, and now their lives could not be more different. Claire is the glamorous trophy wife of an Atlanta millionaire. Lydia, a single mother, dates an ex-con and struggles to make ends meet. But neither has recovered from the horror and heartbreak of their shared loss—a devastating wound that's cruelly ripped open when Claire's husband is killed..." [more +]

I had read many reviews of how good this book was but never felt inclined to read it until I read a 1-star review by a blogger who DNF the book because it was to detailed and gruesome for her. Vivid and detailed? I'm in!

For me, it wasn't gruesome. I mean, if you have read some BDSM before there's nothing left to surprise you anymore.

I wanted more of Paul...

Damn good. Perhaps a little bit shorter? I felt it was dragging at one point.

Different POVs some times work and some times don't. This was one of the times that it worked for me. I loved the voice of Julia's father. I'm sure they'll make this book into a movie.