Search

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Broken Dolls by Tyrolin Puxty


Summary on Goodreads.

"Ella doesn't remember what it's like to be human; after all, she's lived as a doll for thirty years. She forgets what it's like to taste, to breathe...to love.

She watches the professor create other dolls, but they don't seem to hang around for long. His most recent creation is Lisa, a sly goth. Ella doesn't like Lisa. How could she, when Lisa keeps trying to destroy her?..." [+ more]

Lovely! A new idea nicely executed. I loved every moment of it. Who was Ella? Why is she a doll? Well, the answers were not what I was expecting at all. The book is well written and I was engaged in the story. It has intrigue and mystery.

My copy had an excerpt of the second book in the back. I read it and I can tell it is equally interesting.
I will definitely read the next book in the series.

I can't remember which one of the blogs I follow recommended this book with five flying stars and that's how I got to read this one, but you were right! The book is quite...cute [?]

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this title.