Search

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini


Summary on Goodreads.

I'll be damned Leah! You didn't even go to acting school? I loved her in King of Queens and I also watch The Exes, but that in no way clouds my judgement of appreciating how damn good this book is.

I enjoyed, really enjoyed, reading about Leah's beginnings in acting. Well, the Scientology part was a bonus. I always knew that Scientology is a money sucking cult with the status of religion and reading this book taught me a few thing. Heck! I can even talk about what a SP is!

But I'm going to leave Scientology alone and concentrate in the wonderful delivery of this autobiography. I felt I was hearing Leah reading to me. I appreciate that she didn't sugar-coated things... on second thoughts, I am sure she did because if she wrote everything she really felt she would probably be sued.

But I give to thumps up to Leah for writing something meaningful instead of some bullshit about loving your body like Cameron Diaz did of JLo's SF book about true love in order to sell products.