Search

Sunday, November 29, 2015

14 Days to Die by A.B. Whelan


Summary on Goodreads.

Available on January 13th, 2016

"But Sarah’s world is about to crumble around her when she receives a phone call from a man with a heavy foreign accent telling her that her perfect husband has put a price on her head. She is offered two weeks to come up with a counteroffer or die..."[more +]

This book definitely had a weird inconclusive ending. Not what I was expecting.

Over all, I didn't like Sarah because she complained too much that her husband sucked the life out of her; that he took her career, her youth, and her beauty. I mean... He didn't force you to be a stay-at-home-mom, so I don't know why complain about that so much.

So one day Sarah receives a phone call from a hit man that her husband hired to kill her and she doesn't take the time to look into it and analyze it. Go to the police? Of course not, what can the police possible do if you tell them that a guy is calling you asking for money and - now - he says he would kill you and your husband both? Obviously, the cops are trained to do nothing.

Sarah repeats over and over that she is going to kill her husband bad does nothing until, FINALLY, I saw her act on it. Mostly, the story is about Sarah complaining about her life, plotting to kill her husband, and then changing her mind. But I did like some other things that took place with Sarah. Like, how he became a more independent person once she made up her mind to live a little and not care about her husband.

Things turned out differently that were I saw it going and I didn't like it because that is not the usual way that I see a story finish. But I guess this was a valid ending too if just frustrating.

Thank you Netgalley for providing with a free copy of this title.