Search

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Zero Day by Jan Gangsei


Summary on Goodreads.

Available January 12, 2016

Buy from Amazon

"Eight years ago, Addie Webster was the victim of the most notorious kidnapping case of the decade. Addie vanished—and her high-profile parents were forced to move on.

Mark Webster is now president of the United States, fighting to keep the oval office after a tumultuous first term. Then, the unthinkable happens: the president’s daughter resurfaces..." [+ more]

A pretty decent thriller and espionage book. So Addie was kidnapped and eight years later she returns home. However, Addie is not what she seems.

I liked the plot and suspense. I, however, could not connect with Addie at all. She had her reasons, but they weren't convincing for me. Or maybe the author needed to convince me the way Addie was convinced.

And who was Susan? Something was going down on April 15th in memory of Susan, did Addie ever found out the truth about her?

Addie has the hacking skills of... well, being a fiction book, Addie is the best hacker in the world which didn't come across as believable for me, but whatever. However, for someone so smart she kept acting pretty dumb after she found out the truth about her relationship with her kidnapper.

Maybe the book could have given me more about Addie to make me see her side, but I just could't like her. At the end, things developed kind of in a rush, thus not giving me the closure I was looking for. Like... things were put together to finish it up.

BUT, despite not liking Addie, I couldn't put the book down!

Thank you Netgalley for providing with a free copy of this title.