Search

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Improbable Adventures of My Mischief by E. Merwin and Cynthia Stuart


Purchase from Amazon.

Summary:
When Skyler Goode adopts two rat pups from a NYC pet shop, she creates a perfect home for her mischief. However, when the exterminators arrive with their bedbug sniffing hound, Archer and Fletch must dive into a new life that centers around the fountain of Lincoln Center.

I don't know why, as I was reading this, I was thinking of it as an animated movie like Ratatouille and The Nut Job.

I loved how the story began and, just like in Piccolo (the author's previous book), I liked how the author writes.

Can you imagine America going viral demanding for a rat to be free? Well, this is what happened here, and because of that, two little rats were adopted by a rich, gifted girl who learned to talk when she was four (or was it two?) months old. They were living happily ever after until [.... insert suspense music here].

The story was funny; and what came of it reminded me of A Series of Unfortunate Events (but fortunate). I think that what caught my interest was how the story began, kind of going from the general to the specific. I kind of dig this writing technique sometimes.

If you a looking for a short enjoyable fable, this is it!