Search

Friday, September 25, 2015

The Good Neighbor by A.J. Banner

Summary on Goodreads.

Buy on Amazon.

Not terribly bad but not good either. This seemed to me like a standard suspense written following some type of format. The characters don't have depth and the story is simple. The main character had no depth and sounded younger that what she must had been since her husband was divorced and they had money to by cottages and properties.

I felt this book was the standard plot where someone dies and there's no clue but then some people start saying cryptic messages to make you doubt everyone. And do grown women keep diaries/journals anymore? I don't know why writers still use a dairy as a mean of discovering something. Hello! You are not 15!!!

The good thing is that I read this book in one day; so I would catalog as a quick read.

Although I didn't particularly like the plot/story, I was intrigued and wanted to find out who this "good neighbor" who would turn out to be bad was.

I said this is a standard kind of cliched plot because the culprit came out of nowhere (a good thing, I guess) and confessed everything at the end. Come on, the guilty person had been planning the murder and all for a while just to suddenly confess for no reason. Personally, I tend to dislike stories like that. I prefer some type of discovery to actually happen rather than a lame confession.

In short, the story kept me intrigued though I didn't like it but if you are looking for a light and quick suspense, this is your book.

Thanks Netgalley for providing a free copy of this title.