Search

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pop Goes the Weasel by M. J. Arlidge

Summary on Goodreads.

Pop Goes the Weasel (Helen Grace, #2)

This title will be available October 6, 2015.

Order from Amazon.

This one was as good as Eneey Meeney. It is a completely different story but some aspects of Helen Grace from the first book are here. So it would be better to read book #1 in the series first so you don't feel lost and unattached to the main character.

The intrigue and gruesome details of the murders are as vivid and horrific as the first book. The tension and the detective work as impeccable as well.

I am not giving it the full five stars because I had trouble following the story at times because, as this was a free copy from Netgalley, the book is not completely edited. What a shame. I understand that, but it was hard to follow the story. Paragraphs ran into each other in the middle of a sentence; as a result, I didn't know what the scene was about. Sometimes I thought I was reading about Helen and, because I felt it wasn't making sense, would go back to reread, to eventually find out that the scene was about Charlie. Frustrating but... Hey! It's a free book. And this is why I didn't enjoy the book as much as the first one (which I bought and was perfectly edited).

Reporter Emilia (forgot last name) is again present in the story and doing everything she could possibly do to get the exclusive. My distaste for her grew in this book!

Jake is still present but the romance I suspect will develop between him and Helen isn't happening yet. Sooo will see.

I can't wait to read the next book The Doll's House and be disgusted yet fascinated by Arlidge's imagination.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this title.