Search

Friday, July 17, 2015

Those Girls by Chevy Stevens

Summary on Goodreads.

I think it is official, the only book I'll like by Stevens is and will always be Still Missing. Every other book I've read by Stevens feels... empty.

Did I care for anyone in this book? Not really. Then, halfway, when time has passed, the girls have a new identity and I don't know who is who again. I lost ALL interest in the story.

You know what? It would've been a much better book if it turned out to be that the girls haunted, tortured, and killed those bastards. But nope, I guess is okay to have women being raped and tortured but not okay to have them do the same to men.

But back to the point, the characters were really flat. Three girls who have it tough with an alcoholic father, yet, I didn't feel sad for them. And those guys... no personality at all. Fine. I'm telling you, the book would've been better if it stopped when they escaped because...

A few pages into the story I just kept thinking, "is this the same author who wrote Still Missing? It is time for me and Stevens to officially break up.