Search

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Why popcorn costs so much at the movies? by Richard B. McKenzie


Summary on Goodreads.

Am I really dumb or this guy explains things in a very difficult way. For instance, I read the section about the shortage of water in California and, from my understanding, there's no such shortage. They increase the price of water when it doesn't rain too much to create awareness that it isn't raining so they should mind the water. Well, if that really is the explanation, couldn't he just say so without so much blah blah blah?

The explanations must be in the book, I just didn't find them as they were buried under a sea of economic verbose.

A shorter, more concise, in layman's language book would had been better.

I also got the impression the author jumped from one thing to another without finishing his thoughts.

The editor of this book must have a Ph. D. in economics. I'm sure the editor and the author are the only ones who read the whole thing! What the heck, this book must have been written for Republicans! I was looking for something more straight forward and simple for my brain; something more like Freakonomics.

So, why does popcorn cost so much at the movies? I still have no idea.