Search

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Legacy by Ellery A. Kane


Summary on Goodreads.

A typical dystopian YA with nothing new in it. Society is destroyed... but leave it to a bunch of teenagers to restore it. And when I say there's nothing new in the story I am being generous.

There must be a template for writing this genre because otherwise it couldn't be more predictable.

I managed to read half of the book because I got it for free from Netgalley; but I had to DNF it. I don't have patience for generic, cliched stories.

As soon as Lex meets Quin she is like "well, I shouldn't care what he does, right?" And we have the same Elana-is-so-beautiful-and-perfect crap here.

Let me see... what is interesting here? NOTHING. You get to know each character because they are introduced to you. As in "this is xx, he does this and that."

And who is Quin, really? The typical cryptic, emotionally distant hero who joined the good side (the Resistance) just so he could be the other party involvedd in the lame romance of the story. He has a secret, though. He did something so horrible that he thinks it is unforgivable... just so we can find out that what he did was not so terrible. He isn't a bad person, and he didn't have a choice. Oh! he reads poetry; isn't that sweet?

We have the usual "it's better if you don't know" to save Lex from... whatever. So everybody knows but Lex; but, as customary in YA, she finds out.

I don't know where more cliched crap will come from for the next books (since this is a series).