Search

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Into the Darkest Corner and My Real Children



Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
Rating: 3-Stars

I didn't find it to be all that. As I read, I felt it was a mix of those two movies Sleeping With The Enemy and Enough.

The plot goes back and forth between past and present. In the present, Cathy has a new relationship that sounds totally bland. Well, some love stories are written like that: boring.

Anyway, at the end we get that Enough (the movie) solution that I was so forward looking for.

My Real Children by Jo Walton
Rating: DNF

Had I known this crap was going to be like Life After Life I would have saved my myself the trouble of checking it out from the library, carrying it home.... and now I have to take it back.

But is totally my fault for not reading the summary. I just read in a blog I follow that the book is perfect, and I wanted to read it.

This is some shit about two possible lives. I can just stand this two-lives crap in movies (like the movie Sliding Doors, but in books I find it boring.

I don't see the point of reading two different stories about a character in the same book.

I was bored out of my mind with the story and had to DNF it before the book induced dementia in me too.