Search

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Super short reviews: Unremembered, Conversion, The Islands at the End of the World, Wild, and The prisoner of night and fog


Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Summary on Goodreads
Rating: DNF

Interesting up to page 115. But then Zen, the boy, explains to her who she is is... and I'm really not in the mood for another story about a person created in a lab thanks to Origin by Jessica Khoury.



Conversion by Katherine Howe
Summary on Goodreads.
Rating: DNF
I don't have time for Colleen's blah blah blah. It just annoyed the hell out of me.



The Islands at the End of the World by Austin Aslan
Summary on Goodreads.
Rating: DNF
Totally ZZZZZZ inducing. Not even worth saying why.


Wild by Alex Mallory
Summary on Goodreads.
Rating: DNF

A horrible attempt to civilizing Tarzan. Some classics are better left alone. Not even the TV series back in 2003 with gorgeous Travis Fimmel could make it past 8 episodes.


Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
Summary on Goodreads.
Rating: DNF

Something must be wrong with me because this book should be like... I don't know, a master piece, maybe? Yet I got bored and DNF it. I'm really tired of beautiful brainwashed girls who can't think by themselves, must keep appearances, and find forbidden love un order to see clear.

For me, this lame love story between a Jew and Hitler's niece (nonetheless) didn't hold my interest. Nicely written though.