Search

Monday, November 3, 2014

Complicit and Charm & Strange by Stephnie Kuehn

Complicit
Summary on Goodreads.

"Two years ago, sixteen-year-old Jamie Henry breathed a sigh of relief when a judge sentenced his older sister to juvenile detention for burning down their neighbor’s fancy horse barn. The whole town did. Because Crazy Cate Henry used to be a nice girl... [more]

After reading Charm & Strange I had to read another book by Kuehn. Complicit didn't disappoint and it was as good as the other one.

At times I would get really mad because, why was Jamie such a wimp? I didn't expect the end to be sooo dark and good. I did get an idea of what was going with Jamie somewhere towards the middle. But I definitely didn't expect Kuehn to Complicit this way :-)

Looove this writer. I hope she doesn't change.

Charm & Strange
Summary on Goodreads.

"Andrew Winston Winters is at war with himself.

He’s part Win, the lonely teenager exiled to a remote Vermont boarding school in the wake of a family tragedy.The guy who shuts all his classmates out, no matter the cost..." [more]

Perfect. Just perfect. I didn't want it to end. So few books are this real. So emotional. God! I finally read something good.