Search

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The girl from the well by Rin Chupeco


Summary on Goodreads.

"A dead girl walks the streets.

She hunts murderers. Child killers, much like the man who threw her body down a well three hundred years ago.

And when a strange boy bearing stranger tattoos moves into the neighborhood so, she discovers, does something else. And soon both will be drawn into the world of eerie doll rituals and dark..." [more]

I didn't find it all that. It was interesting, though. When I started reading the story gave a The Ring (the movie) and Anna Dressed in Blood (the book) vibe. For me, it felt like a combination of both. BUT, the book is nothing like those, okay? It is just a personal feeling that I had.

I enjoyed the writing style and I would probably read the next book if it ever becomes a series because the maybe-romance-maybe-not between Tark and Okiku would be interesting.

Somethings were too convenient, like Callie's trip to Japan and the Miko in this obscure and remote village speaking perfect English but, how else were we going to read it? :-)

I totally am not a fan of ghost stories; maybe that is why this book didn't quite click with me. I read it because it was highly recommended on a blog a follow.

It book wasn't a disappointment neither a waste of time; it just wasn't all that for me.