Search

Saturday, July 12, 2014

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


These Broken Stars (Starbound #1)

Summary on Goodreads.

"It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls..."

I can't quite express how much I liked this book. Tarver and Lilac made me smile and enjoy this kind of futuristic survival story to the point that I found myself rereading passages because they were too funny.

I absolutely loved Lilac's development. This was not a case of insta love but insta attraction or liking it which is perfectly fine. They saw and liked each other like normal people like each other. But they didn't instantly fall in love and, the best part, they were not destined for each other.

I particularly liked the two POVs; I very much enjoyed reading a situation from two different perspectives.

I had seen this book reviewed many times but never paid attention to it because I try to stay away from books with cheesy covers like this. I think that a better cover would have been the moons of the new planet.

Anyways, I didn't give it the full five stars because of the ending. It wasn't all there for me, but I totally loved these two characters.