Search

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Books into movie: A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby

Summary on Goodreads.

"The hearts and psyches of four lost souls who connect just when they've reached the end of the line.

Meet Martin, JJ, Jess, and Maureen. Four people who come together on New Year's Eve: a former TV talk show host, a musician, a teenage girl, and a mother. Three are British, one is Amer..."

I read this book such a long time ago and loved it. Mind you, I'm just a sucker for British accent... and humor... and everything, so....

Four people meet on the top of a building on New Year's Eve when they are all going to commit suicide. Obviously they don't kill themselves but instead become friends.

I love that the friendship seemed real, and it developed (not like the author said "okay, now they are friends").

Why did they want to commit suicide? Well, obviously we are going to find out in the most exquisite way.

What else can I say? I just said it above: love the British humor and language.

The movie based on this book is coming out (or is out already). I thought, no thanks, I liked the book but I'm not watching the movie. And then I just saw the trailer as I googled it for this post. Obviously, I got hooked as I barely understand a word they speak! Ok, just kidding, by now I'm able to understand proper British English :-)

Five stars for the book! Trailer below.