Search

Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

Summary on Goodreads.

Wow! Just wow! *Sigh*

Long title, but worth every letter.

I can't quite put into writing how wonderfully magic this book is. What can I write to give this author justice? Comparing Walton to Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende seems like a.good compliment.

The story, told by Ava, starts with Ava's grandmother until we get to Ava and her happiness and sorrows.

I want to see who would give this book less than four stars? Well, guess that not everybody can be blown away by this book like me. But it has been such a long time since I read something by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende the my body was aching (ache cured now :-)

If you want to read more in this line of narration where a family's entire generation is covered, I'd recommend you read One Hundred Year of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, or The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende.

I would love to see any of the angelic Fanning sisters playing Ava, but I guess this type of story would be very hard to bring from print to screen.

I've read some negatives reviews about this book and I can't help but wonder what type of lesser, illiterate beings those bloggers are. I feel like leaving them a comment to make them see... but then I remember how I've hated perfectly good written books (thus being a lesser, illiterate being myself) and get over it. *Another sigh*

Can bloggers out there and I get on the same page, please? I'm just asking for too much lol.

But seriously, I'm sad for everybody who didn't enjoy this one. I hope your.next read blows your mind away.