Search

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

Summary on Goodreads.

Superb! The ending felt so painfully... real that it reminded me of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.

One thing that bothered me, though, was Allie offering and threatening to kill people but being taken down at the first sign of a fight.

To Jackal: "touch him and I'll tear your head off." Why? You already fought him and weren't able to hit him once.

So fiercely eager to confront Sarren and when she finally has him in front, he knocks her before she even has time to pull her katana. What are you threatening for, girl?

Really, Allison's constant warning were ridiculous and lame because I already knew the girls was going go be down in the blink of an eye. I hope that in the next book she keeps the death sentences to a minimum.... or actually carries them through.

Some bloggers found this book predictable and say they saw who the Prince's new administrator was from miles away. I DID NOT SEE IT COMING! Well, sometimes I am selectively blank like that :-)

Oh! And I was really wondering how Kagawa would introduce Zeke again since he was left in Eden and all. Well, another one I didn't see coming. Zeke is back and kicking!

Pain, oh sweet pain! As I said at the beginning, the ending was so painful that reminded me of Outlander, of which, by the way, I just read the first book because I refuse to endure pain like that again. And now I almost found it in The Eternity Cure.