Search

Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton

Summary on Goodreads.

There's something about psychos and girls in captivity that I enjoy while at the same time horrifies me. How can a man have a girl locked up in the basement to do... whatever he fancies?

I was so furious while reading The Edge of Normal because I wanted the bastard to be caught right away... But then the book would have finished in 20 pages, right? *sigh*

Anyway, I didn't give the full five stars because I felt something off; something that didn't quite click with me. Maybe it was that Reeve took upon herself to play criminal investigator; or maybe that the psycho didn't get what he really deserved; yet, it could have been that everything was solved mainly due to chance and luck (once again the police proved useless).

I don't really know why I didn't totally and completely enjoyed it. BUT, I couldn't put it down either. I read it in just one day; I bit my nails; I got mad when I was interrupted; and I got furious because the psycho didn't get raped and abused and... and... well.

I would like to read a book where the perpetrator goes to jail and get to think about what he's done. Usually, books kill the bad guy or the story ends with the guy being caught, thus leaving it up to me to imagine his punishment.

Back to The Edge of Normal, it was worth my trip to the library to check the book out :-)