Search

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Quick Reviews: The Fallout, The Bear, The End of Alice, and Mind of Winter



I had to DNF all four books. I don't find them worth of a longer review than what is below.


The End of Alice by A. M. Homes


Summary on Goodreads.

I thought this one was going to be like Tampa by Alissa Nutting, but nope, it put me to sleep.

Very lyrical, though, but the carefully crafted words didn't do anything for me. Perhaps I'm not quite the sick fuck I think I am for reading these type of books.



The Bear by Claire Cameron


Summary on Goodreads.

Not for me. I know the narrator is a five-year old so the narration should be all over the place, but right now I'm not into that lack of focus.


The Fallout (The Compound, #2) by S.A. Bodeen


Summary on Goodreads.

I enjoyed The Compound but not this one. What exactly is the purpose of this book? To see how they adjust back to live in their mansion after living in a bunker for six years? No need, really. Not every book needs to be a series, and this one is one of them



Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke

Summary on Goodreads.

I felt this book was very mechanical and lacked emotions. I got easily annoyed with the writing and I don't even know why. A look at the back of the book told me the writer teaches writing at some college. Alas! Maybe the author is too focused on the rules of writing that forgot to put emotion to into her words. I don't know, I just got bored and had to put it down.