Search

Monday, January 13, 2014

The waking dark by Robin Wasserman


Summary on Goodreads.

Why is the book compared to King's books? Just because there's a little conspiracy involved?

I guess it is a privilege being compared to Stephen King given that his books are written by a team of people.

Anyway, I liked each one of the characters and felt connected to them... well, except Ellie. But that's just me.

The story took a turn (although not for the better) that I didn't expect. I thought it would be... about something greater. Half way through the book I could guess what the plot was but Wasserman's narrative is so engaging that I had to keep reading to know how things would play out.

I loved Wasserman's writing in The Book of Blood and Shadow, but in The Waking Dark I was... kind of overwhelmed, I guess. I don't know how to explain it exactly. But at times I felt like "can we get to the point already?"

Although I didn't love this plot as much, I am still a fan.