Search

Friday, January 3, 2014

Six Years by Harlan Coben

Summary on Goodreads.

I abandoned the book at 84%. I couldn't stand this, this... "love" for someone who disappeared from his life six years ago.

For whatever the reasons, if a woman says she doesn't love you and then marrys someone else, you move on with your life. Or so my practical brain thinks. But you don't go all CIA to find her when you learn that her husband dies because you want to... hoping to... get back together?

I couldn't relate to this book because this was a case of OCD love - or something like that.

Jake was extremely annoying, explaining things like I'm an idiot.

And how drunk does a person have to be to hallucinate? Because Jake tells the police that he was held a gun point and killed a man, but because he had been drinking the police tells him that it all must be in his mind. Really?

This is total crap; I don't care where Natalie is hiding saving all her love for when Jake find her.