Search

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Find me by Romily Bernard

Summary on Goodreads.

I couldn't even finish this one because:

#1.- I was unable to connect with that stupid name, Wick.

#2. Her hacker abilities were told, not shown. Bernard never showed what Wick could do. I didn't expect a Lisbeth-kind-of-chase (from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) but even I could track an IP address.

#3. Somebody leaves the diary of the disappeared girl at Wick's doors with the words FIND ME on it. Ten pages later, we know who left the diary and why. So, two teenagers take into their own hands to investigate instead of giving the diary to the police because... (fill me in here).

#4. Why have the police involved in the story if they were not going to do anything (as always).

#5. Despite the name, I felt Wick's character very empty.

#6. I had the sense that the book was going to prove, once again, that teenagers know better and are way more capable of solving crimes than adults.