Search

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

Summary on Goodreads.

I finished this book because I fell for Gavriel; Tana? No, thank you.

I never thought that I would fall for a vampire again, but this book proved me wrong :-)

I lost my interest in the story when they reached Coldtown, but I kept reading because of Gavriel... duh!

And who knew sucking blood could be so... hot and sexy? Now I feel like getting a vampire of my own. There are two scenes in the book that... my my... one of them is on page 354.

I really didn't know what Pearl, Tana's sister pictured in the story... other than to make the book unnecessary long.

I was digging the story until Tana and Gavriel reached Coldtown. From there on, the story took a monotonous turn with different characters in an attempt to make it interesting and long(er). The problem is that the other characters felt shallow, so... skipping pages was a necessary evil to keep my sanity and finish the book.

In short, this is a different and interesting take on 'vampirism.' Thank God there's no head-to-toe gorgeous vampires, instant love, kindred souls, or reincarnation of a past love involved.