Search

Friday, December 13, 2013

The Boomerang Effect by Lindy Spencer

Summary on Goodreads.

Review by F. S.

I bought this book because it has a nearly perfect rating on Amazon ( and it is for just $2.99) and Goodreads.

I did enjoy and quite liked the book, but some things still bothered me about it.

Mainly and without giving too much away, I found the actual cause of the boomerang effect, “the virus,” to be almost supernatural. I am familiar with subliminal messages and the like, but this worked so fast and so immediate that I just wasn’t buying it.

My other main gripe (call me a nitpicker) is that no one on earth is absolutely 100% innocent in life. We are all guilty of various moral crimes, at least lying on a daily basis (yes, I am claiming that we all lie consciously every day) and SOME of the crimes committed by those chosen as “guilty” were really, in my view, a product of circumstances, not actual “crimes” per se.

I absolutely loved who the “culprit” was and I didn’t guess it until the end. The story did hook me and I couldn’t put the book down. I hurt for Katy, I hurt with Tom, I cheered for Andy, and I felt sorry for Jerome. I loved the ending too as the boomerang came back full circle.

I recommend this book, it’s a light read with very detailed characters. Be patient with the many stories, they do make sense and connect.