Search

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Reality Boy by A. S. King


Summary on Goodreads.

I wasn't expecting much when I got my hands on this book. In fact, I was ready to DNF at the smallest hint absurdity, but instead, I loved every single moment of Reality Boy.

At times, I would get mad at Gerald for being so negative :-)

And why was Gerald so negative, and why was he so mad all the time? He must have had a couple of disorders such as oppositional confrontational and explosive disorders. Andy where did he get that from? From being a child celebrity living with a very dysfunctional family and a psychopath.

The book was funny, tender, emotional, strong, and eye opening all at once. Sometimes, when I read a book, I feel like it missed or had too much of something. But Reality Boy is just perfect the way it is.

I like King's writing style very much, thank you. Unfortunately, not so when I tried reading Ask the Passengers by King which I DNF.

Parents, if you want to understand your difficult teen, read this book. I'm not saying that all teens exhibit the same behavior, but Reality Boy does a great job taking us to live the he angry life of a teenager.