Search

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Help for the Haunted by John Searles


You can visit the author on Twitter.

This is a book tour hosted by TLC Tours.

To see upcoming reviews for Help for the Haunted, check out the Tour Schedule.    

*********************************************                                      Summary on Goodreads.                                                
I absolutely loved Help for the Haunted. I enjoyed every single moment of Sylvie’s character, Searles’s writing, and the Mason family.

The story is told going back and forth between the present and the past, but it was not annoying reading so. It was done in such a way that I really enjoyed the jumps in time.

What I loved more was that, although Sylvie’s was bullied (and this is NOT a story about bullying), she was not a victim. It wasn’t like she was going to fight back, but she knew why she was being picked on and knew that it really didn’t have anything to do with her but her family.

Sylvie's family, the Masons, have a reputation of …. “doing certain things” that some people found it to be creepy, yet others sought their help. What is it that they do? You’ll need to read the book.

The revelation comes in little pieces and, although I though I knew, I wasn’t sure of it because the book is catalogued under ‘paranormal.’ I was right and wrong at the same time!

There’s also Rose, Sylvie’s older sister, who is kind of a brat: foul mouth and behavior. Why is Rose so unmanageable when Sylvie is such a perfect daughter? Well, Rose knows things about their parents that Sylvie doesn’t... so.

Some bloggers say that the pace of the story is too slow, but I didn’t find it to be so. I really DNF books that drag too much, but I didn’t feel like that with this one at all. Well, it could be Searles’s marvelous 

writing :-)

I absolutely LOVED how things turned out to be and how they were revealed. I give Help for the Haunted one of my precious 5-Stars!



Also, here is a book trailer - or kind of, that I enjoyed because 

(I watched after I read the book), the video is pretty much how I pictured the story when reading it :-)