Search

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Far from you by Tess Sharpe



Summary on Goodreads.

To be released on 4/8/2014.

From the release date you already guessed that I got this ARC form NetGalley.

Who is Tess Sharpe? I might just become one of her most devoted fans.

Some books make me feel like crying; some almost make me cry. Far From You made me cry. OK. Here I go again... What is wrong with me? God! This woman is just too much.

I swear, I couldn't help but falling in love with Sophie and Mina. At times, Sophie stopped just being a character and I felt I was her. The story is told back and forth past and present. This is NOT confusing one bit. Each entry tells you the year where it's taking place. 

The mystery, I would say the end was your kind of expected unexpected suspect (if that makes sense). At one point I thought, "well, the killer must be such and such," but I was so involved in the story that I moved on because I wasn't reading it because I wanted to know who the killer was (which I really wanted to), but I was reading because I felt I was Sophie, and I had to close that side of my life.

Sophie, I don't think I have ever read a more perfect broken and strong character. She made perfect sense to me.

I can't talk about the plot anymore because it would give it away, but I see Far From You becoming a best seller very soon.

I will comeback to add more when I feel more articulated :-)