Search

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard


Summary on Goodreads.

Interesting concept, but I thought the story would be more about the clones than a murder/crime investigation. The book have quite a few disturbing scenes that might be a little too much for some people given that the crimes were committed by kids, and kids were abused (even if in past tense).

I wonder what happened to the wicked girl the guys had with them? Why was she such a psycho if she wasn't a clone? I might have missed that part.

Besides the clones, there was another horror character that I am really not sure what it had to do with the story other than to "clean" some stuff...

Overall, I didn't enjoy the bureaucratic part of the investigation, although I know that this is a characteristic of crime/murder/thriller books.

The nature/nurture concept of the story, so many times referenced to, came out short. Maybe it will be further tackled in later books.

I was nauseated with and by the clones! Really felt disgusted at times which I think is the point of the

 book :-) mission accomplished there.