Search

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Freud's Mistress by Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman


You can visit the author on the following links:

Facebook      Website

This is a book tour hosted by TLC Tours.

To see upcoming reviews for Freud's Mistress, check out the Tour Schedule.

*******************************************

Summary on Goodreads.

For many, including myself, it is difficult to think of Freud as a romantic character. Thanks to preconceived views of Freud (maybe?), I couldn’t connect with the romantic side of this story.

Did Freud really have an affair with his wife’s sister? Historians neither confirm it or deny it.

I have to say that the way Freud’s Mistress is written make Mack and Kaufman literary geniuses. The writing really is brilliant, the flow is impeccable, and the narration hypnotic. Maybe too hypnotic because I couldn’t help falling asleep.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I really didn’t find anything wrong in the story; its execution is just perfect. It’s just that everytime I started reading the book my yes wouldn’t stay open.

I have no particular interest in Freud’s life; I chose to read this book just because it is a book, and I read.

I think that my problem with the story was that I already knew where it was going (the affair), and I wasn’t interested enough in knowing how it got there because, despite the marvelous writing, there was no spark to keep me interested.

Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman