Search

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Movie Review - City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)



I just came from watching City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare (the book, not the movie) :-)

I loved it!!!! I totally fell in love with Jace and liked Lily Collins very much.

Ahem, ahem... I gave the book a very unfavorable review on Goodreads because, frankly, it sucked - for me, of course. I couldn't even finish it. But as soon as I saw the trailer for the movie I knew it was going to be great. And it didn't disappoint me.

Jace and Clary's first kiss was terrific! I felt like kissing Jace too in that scene :-) Actually, I found Jamie Capbell Bower played a wonderful funny and thinly sexy, if that can be said, 'Jace.'

Just as I finish this post, I'm heading over Amazon to buy the other two books because there is NO WAY, I am waiting a year for the next movie.

Oh! And Bane? I really didn't see anything in him. I know Clare is writing about him, but I don't understand why. What is so special about him? I didn't see anything interesting, appealing, eye catching, or magnetic about him in the movie. Maybe in the next two books he plays a bigger part. So, I'm just sayin'...