Oh God, my fingers shake as I type this.
I wanted to rant about this for so long and never found the time to do so!
Oh, I almost forgot, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Visit their site to enter your link to the hop!
Now, just to repeat the question and savor it a little bit longer....
Top ten words/topics that make me NOT pick up a book
1. Romance.- I'm sick and tired of romance. Does everything have to involve romance? Can two perfectly beautiful teens be running for their lives and saving the world without falling in love in the process? And romance novels... how many times can one read about... oh! Forget it.
2. Zombies and Vampires.- Well, I might still try a very good zombie book, but I'm kind of sick of them. And vampires? Twilight has ruined any other vampire book for me! I hate all other vampires! Long live the Cullens... although I am Team Jacob :-)
3. Love triangles.- I wish the all books came with a warning "insipid love triangle inside." But nope, some times I am reading a book and bam, the damn love triangle hits me in the nose.
4. Kindred love.- Hell no! That easy? No way!
5. Ghosts.- Seriously, it has to be a very good summary to make me pick something involving ghosts.
6. Kick-ass heroine.- Nothing
7. Two identities, one body.- Errr... I just don't see the point of this...It bores me as hell.
8. Chick-lit.- What the hell is that, anyways? I have read some... enough to know I would NEVER read it again.
9. Shape-shifting.- I haven't read too many (maybe three) because I don't like them, at all!
10. Poetry and short stories.- I really don't get poetry that doesn't rhyme so... since the world seems to have forgotten how to properly right rhyming poetry, I refuse to read it. Short stories? Nah, I rather stick with a long one.