Search

Monday, July 15, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day 8 - What appeals to you on blogs?


Hosted by April at Good Books & Good Wine. Visit her blog to enter your link for the challenge.

Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!

1. Easy to Read Fonts: have you seen blogs with black background and blue fonts? And fancy fonts like Adobe Caslon Pro and Gabriola? Yes, they look pretty but are impossible to read!

2. Easy commenting: if a blog is asking to sign up for Disqus or whatever to leave a comment, I won't visit the blog again. Okay, I've emailed a blogger twice to ask how I could leave a message without signing up because I really wanted to leave a comment.
Hello! Comment Luv, Intense Debate and Lyvfyre are pretty good plugins to use. And where is that 'comment' link?

3. Content: too much cover reveals, tours, memes, and giveaways turn me off.

4. Genre Variety: in a perfect world, people would only blog about books I'd be interested in :-) Okay, we all have different tastes but I like to read reviews about different genres, including adult books. A blog that focuses only on romance or paranormal is no-no for me. Given, maybe your blog is just about a specific theme which is fine. It's just not my thing.

5. No CAPTCHA: hello! (again) you already asked for my email, name and url, what do you need word verification for?

6. Clean Blog: Some blogs have so many images (coming books, past books, fav books, I-don't-know-what books) that I don't know where the actual post is.

7. Post Length: ever wonder why newspapers use the inverted pyramid style of writing? Because people (sometimes?) get tired of reading. I know my posts are of most importance, but maybe you don't want to spend 10 minutes reading my fabulous review of pushing the limits (escapes me why)? And why copy the entire summary from GoodReads.... again?


8. Ratings: I prefer see a rating for a review. Sometimes I don't have time to read your interesting (but long) post so I just want to see your overall rating.

9. Images: Some bloggers love to saturate a post with those... animated images and 2 seconds video that repeats itself... They are funny, but after the third one...

10. Past Reviews: this is not a must, but sometimes I want to link my review to your review. And where is your review? Couldn't find it :-(

11. Humor: dark humor, sarcastic, bitchy, chaste humor? Doesn't matter!

12. Objectivity: is okay to express your undying love for a book, but tell me something not so great about it, too? I mean, a book cannot be entirely perfect... unless it's Angellfall, Captive in the Dark, or Alex :-) Lol!

13. Design: sometimes I follow blogs just because they look pretty.

14. Stability: As in, sometimes the link to leave a comment is at the bottom, and sometimes is at the top....

15. Reciprocity: you don't have to visit my blog if you don't want to, but if someone likes your blog so much that has already left you like, 15 comments... would it kill you to reciprocate with just one? Once in a blue moon, maybe?

Yeayyy!!! I made it, I came up with 15 things that I hate love in other blogs! What are yours?