Search

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mini-Reviews: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly


I've been reading a lot of lame books lately. They don't even amount to write a full review of one of them.

Some other books were okay, but I didn't find anything compelling to write about them either. So I've been in hiatus for over two weeks but because my sister misses my posts, I am making a super human effort to write something.

I've come up with Mini-Reviews to review books that I don't have much to say about yet, I want the world to know that I read them :-)

Here we go!

The Good:
If you find me by Emily Murdoch
Rating: 3-Stars

I've read a few reviews of this book and people either love it or half like it. Well, I half liked it too. I didn't find it all that, but it was interesting reading about these two sisters that grew up in the mountains.

Something that I found odd was the speed at which they adapted to civilization. The story, in general, left me of the feeling of something missing, and probably that is why I didn't fully like the book.

The Bad:
The people next door by Christopher Ransom
Rating: 1-Star

A family goes on a trip to the beach and the father, Mick, has an "accident" and almost drowned. After they go back home, Mick starts seeing strange thing in the house next to theirs. The house used to be empty and now is not. Who are those people and where they came from?

Everybody in the family has their own thing going on, but I didn't care for anybody and just got bored of their chit-chat. The story is supposed to be creepy but I didn't get that feeling. I felt Ransom was dragging too much so I got bored and didn't finish the book to know what or who the people next door were.


The Ugly:
The uninvited by Jonathan Daniel
Rating: 1-Star
Summary on GoodReads

What the heck? This is supposed to be a horror book but... wait, yes, I was horrified by the lack of horror in it.

Owen is in the Bahamas and wakes up to find people eating each other. Why? Is there something on the island that turned people into zombies?

Technical descriptions without feeling is all I got: how a lung hanged from a bloody hand. The narrative is too repetitive: I already got the point, people were eating other people, thank you very much. Owen teams up with other survivors and the rest of the story is about them running from one place to another.