Search

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Prey (The Hunt #2) by Andrew Fukuda


Summary on GoodReads.

The Prey (The Hunt, #2)

I loved The Hunt. I'll never tire of saying it.

What first drew me to The Hunt was that the story was different to other vampire stories out there: humans (at the time one) trying to pass by vampire in a world ruled by said blood suckers.

In The Prey we don't see that anymore. No more wrist scratching when something is funny (well, only once), etc. All of the sudden, Gene has lost his vampire ways, and the tension of Gene trying to pass by a vampire is gone.

In The Prey, Gene and the rest of survivors follow the river and arrive to a village called The Mission. Here, things are very odd: most girls are pregnant, they have lotus feet, and adult women shine for their absence.

I was a bit disappointed with The Prey. I did enjoy the weirdness of the village but I was expecting a more of the original concept of the story and less of a typical dystopian village.

But don't get me wrong, The Prey is still very enjoyable and I will definitely read the next book.

I really liked that Gene and Sissy don't keep secrets from each other. Sissy tells Gene that she wants to be with him always and forever. I liked this straightforwardness after the beating around the bushes with Ashley June and Gene in the previous book.


Ah! and if you want to know what happened to Ashley June you'll have to read the book because I'm not telling....

Finally, the book is full of excitement and near death scenarios but I still don't understand why Richelle Mead compares it to the Hunger Games.