Search

Friday, March 29, 2013

Altered by Jennifer Rush


Summary on GoodReads.

Huumm, there isn't much to say about this book. I did like it a lot and couldn't put it down.
The whole concept is nice and the four boys made a nice combination that kept me glued to the pages. I felt a little Da Vince Code here going from clues to clues.

Anna's character was sweet, strong, and made me feel connected to her. Obviously I fell for mysterious, boy in commander Sam.

The story has a nice pace with some thrills; nothing to make me go crazy over but interesting enough to keep me reading. All boys are perfect due to DNA alteration, but they also have individual traits that make them unique.

I don't know if I'd read the next books in the series because maybe by the time I get my hands on them my interest had waned. But if I had the next book here I would definitely devour it.

What I liked most is that Jennifer Rush didn't try to make the story super eloquent and descriptive with the use of a thesaurus. The narrative is simple and to the point, yet grasping. The boys are gorgeous without being out-of-the-world-handsome.

I also liked that there wasn't any insta love. Anna loved Sam but the story began with that sentiment already there. It wasn't like she met him and in three lines she was head over heels for him.

Downer: I would have liked to see more of their abilities, though. What else they could do because of their alteration.

I would love to see this book made into a movie, and Alex Pettyfer would make a perfect Sam :-)