Search

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The conclusion to the Chemical Garden trilogy is here


Sever is the last book of the Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano. Sadly, I won't be reading it :-(

I really enjoyed the first book but couldn't get into the story of the second one.

On a happier note, our talented DeStefano landed and a new deal with Simon & Schuster Books to publish a new series, The Internment Chronicles. The first book, Perfect Ruin, comes out April 1, 2014.

What will the series be about?

I just copied this blurb from GalleyCat:

"On Internment, the floating island in the clouds where fifteen-year-old Morgan Stockhour lives, getting too close to the edge can lead to madness. Even though Morgan’s older brother Lex was a Jumper, Morgan vows never to end up like him. She tries her best not to mind that her life is orderly and boring, and if she ever wonders about the ground, and why it is forbidden, she takes solace in her best friend, Pen, and her betrothed, Basil. Then a murder, the first in a generation, rocks the city.”

2 comments:

  1. I read Wither some time ago and kinda liked it, I haven't read Sever though. Pretty bummed to hear you didn't enjoy book #2 all that much, it defiantly makes me less enthusiastic to read it :/ Her new series on the other hand sounds really interesting. I'm pretty sure Lauren has a heck of a talent coming up with compelling and engrossing concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember enjoying Wither, but never had any desire to continue the trilogy, I wonder what they are like.

    ReplyDelete