Search

Monday, January 14, 2013

What’s left of me by Kat Zhang

Summary on GoodReads.

I don't get the point of this book. And what it's worst, there's another one coming!

Eva and Eddie live in one body. Their family is waiting for one of them to sleep (die) so they don't become a hybrid and get taken away. When one of them die, this is called 'settle' which Eva and Eddie fake in order to pretend that only Eddie is alive and Eva is asleep (dead).

Eddie meets Hally (who is a hybrid) and her brother Devon (another hybrid). So the four of them Eddie/Eva and Devon/Ryan fall in love. This is a four person romance with only two bodies.

They take turns to let the other personality take over so they can all talk and shit.

As expected, they are found out and taken away to an institution for hybrids. And this is where I stopped because I didn't see the point of the story. Are they going to take into another body so everybody is a separate entity? Maybe, I don't know. I got bored with the story, didn't get into the characters and found the entire thing stupid.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, good lord. Thank God I didn't finish this book. I think I only lasted 20-30% in before calling it a DNF. The writing was good, but I just simply couldn't stomach having two people in one body, and the fact one of them was just reckless and stupid as hell. Sorry to all fans of this book! And now that it was a four person romance in two bodies... Ick! :|

    Thanks for this review! You made me glad I steered clear, or else I would've pulled my hair! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading this and I couldn't get past the first chapter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the premise sounds kind of interesting, but four people in two bodies sounds like a bad excuse for voyeurism or a menage... without actually going there kind of.

    ReplyDelete