Search

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly #6

This is a Meme to show case 3 books on your shelf that you are going to read and talk about this week. Do it any day of the week that you like :-)

The Good: it could be a book that you just started reading and it is sooo damn good! Or, a book you've been waiting for and finally got.

The Bad: it could be a book that you are going to read because of its hype, it was recommended to you or any other reason BUT you are not sure you are going to like it because it's not your usual type of book/story/genre/thing.
The Ugly: it could be any book and for any reason. It's up to you!

So, spread the word and invite friends!!
The Rules:
1) Link back to my blog and Meme
2) Make sure to follow anyone you invite and anyone who refers back to you
3) It would be VERY nice if you disable patcha; it is a pain to leave messages!


The Good: Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff. I loved The Replacement by Yavonoff so I hope to enjoy this one as well.

Blurb: The city of Ludlow is gripped by the hottest July on record. The asphalt is melting, the birds are dying, petty crime is on the rise, and someone in Hannah Wagnor’s peaceful suburban community is killing girls.
For Hannah, the summer is a complicated one. Her best friend Lillian died six months ago,...


The Bad:
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal by Chris Colfer. This is the guy from the TV show Glee. I'll see if can act and write :-)

Blurb: The Carson Phillips Journal follows the story of outcast high school senior Carson Phillips, who blackmails the most popular students in his school into contributing to his literary journal to bolster his college application; his goal in life is to get into...

The Ugly: This is not a Drill by Beck McDowell . This type of stories are so real that they are ugly.

Blurb: Two teens try to save a class of first-graders from a gun-wielding soldier suffering from PTSD. When high school seniors Emery and Jake are taken hostage in the classroom where they tutor, they must work together to calm both the terrified children and the gunman threatening them--a task made even more difficult by their recent break-up...

So, What are you reading this week?



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think about Paper Valentine. I liked the Replacement and saw Brenna when she did a signing at Tattered Cover here in Denver with Maggie Stiefvater.

    So, I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. You can find the details on my blog. If you don't want to participate, that's cool. You know I love your blog! :)

    Are you feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Paper Vaentine. I really enjoyed The Space Between, but I've yet to pick up The Replacement. I honestly can't see Chris Colfer writing a "good" book. I think it could OK, but it also depends on his writing style and general writing overall. This Is Not a Drill looks really good, but I agree it's one of those books are just too real it makes them ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Paper Valentine and I haven't read The Replacements, but I'm hoping it'll be good! :)

    ReplyDelete